Morgan Class of 1987

Date: Friday, June 29, 2007 Time: 7:30pm - 12:00am Place: Water's Edge Resort, Westbrook, CT Cost: $65 per person

Friday, February 02, 2007

hello all

I just wanted to post a hello from Mosul Iraq, yes I said Mosul Iraq. I am Sgt Glenn Smith with the 134th Military Police Company in Norwich Ct. We were activated with the guard in the summer of 2006. I now stand watch in the second biggest city of Iraq. Things here can be really crazy and a bit more crazy than my civilian job as a police officer in Clinton, yep I came back home to be where I love it the most. Now I know that some of you might be looking through your yearbooks and going Glenn Smith didn't graduate with us and you would be correct. I left after 8th grade when my parents divorced and moved to Florida for my freshman year. I then moved back to Connecticut and lived with dad in Branford about three towns away from Clinton, closer to New Haven. I now work with Bryan Pellegrini, also a police officer in Clinton, so when you come for the reunion be sure to speed through (bryan loves pulling people over) I wanted to come and see all of you as it would be nice to catch up, I am married to a great woman (Kelly) and have two girls (Sydnie, she will be 8 in March, and Emely she will be 4 in May) Unfortunately duty calls and I won't be home until October, god willing. Please have a cold one for me at the Waters Edge and please try and get along with the picnic or family day affair. I think that in moderation if people want to bring alcohol it is okay, but it is a family day thing so no one needs to get drunk especially after the night at Waters Edge. Besides check the policy on alcohol at those locations anyway I know at the Clinton Beach there is no alcohol allowed. Gotta be sneaky and make sure that Brian isn't working...HA HA. Please take care and like I saw in some of the blogs, LIFE is so short, reunions only come up so often, try and have fun and enjoy each others company, good, bad or otherwise. I just wanted to say that I see Greg Maher around, and I also saw Patricia Houlihan around town too. Greg Navaro is still around although I haven't officially shook his hand and said hello. Take Care all

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Glenn, How's things? Just wanted to drop you a line and say THANK YOU!!!! Could you add an email address to your blogg, maybe some of us could email you and keep you company till october?! THANKS again. Sheryl H

6:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glenn thanks for chiming in. You take care of yourself and get back to us safe. Like Sheryl said, drop us the email and we can all write to you, send you pictures or whatnot.
And hey, reunions can be a lot to put together but a picnic is easy so maybe we can do a picnic ever year. No reason to have to wait ten more years. And if you're up for that we'll all get together WITH you next summer.

DCM

7:37 AM  
Blogger Morgan Class of 1987 said...

Glenn,
Thanks for serving our Country! My neice just came home and our close friend is over there now. I will keep you in our thoughts and prayers!
Danny is right, we can have another picnic when you are home!
Pam Marsden Evankow

11:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Glenn,

Nice to hear from you.
Great to see you blogging in while your away. Drop in as much as you can. Hopefully it will give you some comfort knowing you have a little piece of Clinton right here on blogger. ;)

We've smeared many, many pictures on this blog of "old times" and class pic's. Be assured your not exempt from your picture posted on the "net". (1st grade class pic)

Hope your doing well. Again, nice to hear from you and like everyone else before me said, we'll can have another picnic/party when you return and settle in. Until then, take care of yourself and get home.

BTW, what's the # of Brian's cruiser? (I'll be sure not to perform any illegal maneuvers while he's around!) LOL

Good idea, drop your e-mail address if you can. We'll keep you in the loop.

Cyndi

11:37 AM  
Blogger Morgan Class of 1987 said...

Hey Glenn,

I'll be joining you in Iraq in Jul, but I'll be in Baghdad. I've done Kirkurk twice and this will be my second trip to Baghdad. How are you liking the rainy season, it ends about Mar-Apr.

We were in the same 4th grade class with Mrs Wilki.
Drop me your email mine is
bike4rate@bellsouth.net
Barbara D

8:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glen,

Please add you e-mail!

God Bless.

11:53 AM  
Blogger Morgan Class of 1987 said...

hello all it is me again I have read alot of the comments left for me and I realized that I hadn't left my email address when I dropped my blog into the CLass of 1987. My email address is glennjr1969@yahoo.com thanks for all of the great words of encouragement and prayers while I am deployed in Iraq. Take care and I will hopefully talk with you again real soon. Glenn

6:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home