Morgan Class of 1987

Date: Friday, June 29, 2007 Time: 7:30pm - 12:00am Place: Water's Edge Resort, Westbrook, CT Cost: $65 per person

Sunday, April 01, 2007

Scholarship

Hey gang,

I just received an email from Ginger Ramos and she had a great idea, and that of a scholarship created by our class. I think it's a fine idea. I think we have roughly 150 classmates, probably around half of which are in contact with this blog, maybe more. At an individual donation of $5 or $10 annually we could probably raise a nice little scholarship for a deserving Morgan student. It would be a nice way to give back to the community and help someone get to college.

I know we all have our financial issues but for basically the cost of a meal or two at a fast food restaurant we could do some serious good. Who knows, perhaps it could lead to other classes following in our footsteps, so to speak. Anyway I'm putting this out there to get some feedback from all of you, whether it's positive or negative or if you have any further suggestions. So let's hear what you have to say! Feel free to keep it anonymous if you like but no flaming. If you wish to email me directly, that's fine as well.

Danno (DCM).

PS - Thanks Ginger! Outstanding suggestion, IMO!

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just let me know where to send my ten bucks!

12:59 PM  
Blogger Morgan Class of 1987 said...

Dan ~
If you need any help with this at Morgan, let me know. My family has a scholarship that we give in my Grandmother's name and I handle things at the school end (in the guidance office). So, if I can answer any questions or give you any information, you can contact me at mtranquilli@clintonpublic.org.
~ Mo (Scully)

7:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dan,

What a great idea! I'm in...


Diana (Dart)

1:14 PM  
Blogger Morgan Class of 1987 said...

Dan,
I think that this is an amazing idea! Count my family in.
Beth(Davis)

3:58 PM  
Blogger Morgan Class of 1987 said...

I'm in Dan, let me know who to make the check to. I'm deploying in May (so I've heard) so let me know who to send the $$ to soon; otherwise I won't be able to do anything till Dec.

Barbara

7:43 PM  
Blogger Morgan Class of 1987 said...

Hey Mo & Everyone..I was thinking of of creating a "scholarship" that is a bit different. I know, a big surprise from me. I was thinking of creating a fund where we can send a kid to Outward Bound in their Freshman or Sophomore year. I would like a team of teachers and guidance counselors from the school to choose about 10 kids that would benefit from such an experience. They would have to contact the parents and get permission etc. After that I would like these 10 candidates to be forwarded to a group comprised from our class , so we can then choose the candidate to go. It costs about $1500 or so to send a kid and it can really help a kid who is on the end or having some issues. It can push them in the right path. That is the idea that I have. In my opinion there is plenty of opportunity out there for kids who know they want to go to college etc. I want to catch the kids that are on the edge. Any ideas on this or setting this up would be great. I am willing to underwrite any difference that is not raised by our class. Here is a link on the program.

http://www.outwardbound.org/

Ginger

3:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ginger I think that is a great idea.

8:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm in to help out in any way I can but I feel since this is Ginger's idea, she is in the driver's seat. Ginger, if you could, maybe type up a proposal to outline the program, and cover as many of the details as you can think of. Bounce ideas off me or anyone else as you need to. Thoughts?

Danno

10:45 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I'm in! Let me know where to send the$$$$$$$$ artie novarro anovasoffice@sbcglobal.net

8:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home