Morgan Class of 1987

Date: Friday, June 29, 2007 Time: 7:30pm - 12:00am Place: Water's Edge Resort, Westbrook, CT Cost: $65 per person

Saturday, January 27, 2007

We are Fabulous!

As a massage therapist, one thing I've learned in dealing with injury is that often, things get worse before they get better. I think this blogsite is a perfect example of that. It's obvious that we all have "old wounds" that may have been opened up when we started thinking about our 20 year reunion. I for one forgot so much about high school until this blogsite came into being! I think it was to be expected that tempers may have flared and there may have been disagreements, but in the end, as Cyndi said, We all did it together! That's what is so great about us...we are all so different. We all have something amazing to bring to the table, and for that reason, this reunion is going to be a blast! There is an excerpt from Nelson Mandela's Inauguration speech that I keep in my massage room so that I can look at it everyday...I find it to be inspiring ( even though I am not in the least bit religious!)

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented and fabulous? You are a child of God. Your playing small doesn't serve the world. There's nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us. It's in everyone. And as we let our light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others."

I remember our class being filled with brilliant, gorgeous, talented, and fabulous people...I can't wait to see what everyone has done with their lives!! And by the way, there are still so many missing people that I hope log on to this site!!

Deb Cieri-Munster

4 Comments:

Blogger Morgan Class of 1987 said...

BRAVO DEB!!!!
Excellent way to put things. I for one am proud to have kept in touch with such a great friend!!!

Andy -Ra

2:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice post Deb.

DCM

6:09 PM  
Blogger Morgan Class of 1987 said...

You gave me a smile Deb.

Hey, not sure if this posted or not, but does anyone know the whereabouts of Scott Heynen. He left Eliot after 7th grade, went to Hammo, then Xaiver. He was my neighbor

Barb

9:08 PM  
Blogger Morgan Class of 1987 said...

Deb,
When you were talking about beautiful people, you meant Nigel and I right????
Only kidding!
Pam

11:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home